Sunday, November 9, 2014

#oldschool is the best

Hey Peep's!

Happy Pre-Monday. (I just don't feel like Sunday is a Sunday, because all I think about is Monday) #raiseyourhandifyoufeelthesame

So this has been a very short week. And, school as we know it, nothing extremely outstanding or worth mentioning happened. It was just Michigan College Application Week, but that wasn't really a big thing for me. I just sat around in the library and wrote a letter (yes, an actual LETTER, with paper and all that stuff) to my grandmother. And it still astonishes me every time how Americans are amazed by our "fancy pens" and "ink-killers/erasers" and oh, our "fancy handwriting". But yeah, that's what I did, an I even earned a cupcake for it, isn't that great?

I kind of feel like writing down some "Thing of the Week" or "Word of the Week" thingies, just because. This week, I rediscovered my passion for old-school stuff. Seriously, it's just great. Record players, thrift stores, books from the 80's, all that stuff. Oh, and chain of lights. Mhmm. And this week, my favorite word is humble. It's just such a humble word.

This weekend, I went on a mystery trip with our cheer team. We ended up in some old, abandoned-looking building which turned out to be a nation-wide popular photographer's studio. We put on our uniforms one last time and the results are remarkably good. For real, I really like them.
We ordered a humongous amount of food at Pizza Hut, and afterwards went to Krispy Kreme to stuff our faces with donuts. After wandering around some shops while casually playing Scavenger Hunt, we took off to our last stop: SkyZone. Plain fun. It's a place where they have trampolines everywhere, even on the walls, and it's just fun, they also have a foam cube pool and all kinds of things.

2014 Oakridge Eagles Varsity Cheerleaders #squad

Saturday night, I went over to McKenna's house and we hung out with Carly, Hannah and Lianne for the occasion of the beginning of Lianne's adulthood. (She turned 18). We talked for the longest time which was fun, because at some point, we just started gossiping really hard, like in those movies. Later at night, we went hot tubbing outside, and that was amazing too.
After watching Carrie, the movie I always wanted to see and which is actually a really, really good movie, stuffing our faces with Chips and Chocolate Chip Cookies, we fell asleep, woke up, and continued our movie marathon with Love Strike.
Otherwise, today has been a pretty lazy Sunday, but I ought to study some Spanish. I just don't feel like it #mainstreamexcuse. It's Hunter's birthday tomorrow, so sometime tonight, we'll be heading to Buffalo Wild Wings, and I will be celebrating the end of a successful weekend and the 14th year of my hostbrother's life with a perfectly decent Crispy Chicken Wrap. Doesn't that sound good?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm glad about every comment that you leave me, so go ahead! And thank you xo