Sunday, November 2, 2014

Halloween and the End of Football Season 2k14

It's November 2nd. NOVEMBER! Where has all the time gone? I honestly can't believe that it's already NOVEMBER. And that I've been away from home for more than 12 WEEKS! 3 MONTHS! It's kind of scary. Christmas is only 8 WEEKS away. The year is so short. I don't want to think about going home at all.

In Honor of  the 2014 Oakridge Football Players,
the Cheerleading Team and all our Students that showed up
every Friday night to support our team ♥

Enough for the time-facts part. Last Friday was Halloween. When I first came here, I was especially looking forward to all the holidays like Halloween and Thanksgiving and whatsoever. But since Halloween was a Friday this year, we had a game. It was our first play-off game. During school on that day it started snowing for the first time, so it was freezing cold outside. But in the end, I would not have wanted to miss that game. We lost to Hopkins 22-16, so it was our very last game for the season and my last Oakridge football game that I cheered for EVER. I was so sad after the game. Practice was not as fun anymore as it was before, but I will miss hanging out with my team, having team dinner, and especially those Friday nights. #ForeverAnOakridgeEagle
Since we had to leave around 4 pm, I couldn't go trick or treating at all, but our coach set up a couple of spots (Alex' house, Wolfies, Gonyon's, ..) where we got some candy. It wasn't like real trick or treating with costumes and all that stuff, but I was really happy I got a little bit of a Halloween experience anyway.

After the game we went to WZZM to be on TV during the review of the Football games. We did a cheer on the weather deck and inside the studio. I've never been inside an actual TV studio, so it was kind of fun seeing how it looks like "behind the scenes".

Also, just to say it again, in case someone from home reads this and didn't really believe it: it snowed
Our Halloween Decoration :)
on Friday. For the first time. In OCTOBER! I'm so ready for all the Christmas things to come, but snow in October? And according to all my friends and my hostfamily who told me about last winter, it's going to happen a lot more throughout the whole winter, and may last until March. Ugh. Last year, when we got snow for the first time in January, I was all excited, but after three days, I just wanted it to be Spring. I couldn't see it anymore. And since I ride
Laurie & Me in our costumes, Hunter and Me at the
Halloween Party :)
my bike almost anywhere I go, you may imagine that it's not fun riding in the dirty, squishy snow. For the rest of last year's winter, it rained, and then it froze over night, so everything was icy and slippery, and that's definitely NOT FUN AT ALL when it usually takes you 7-10 min. to get to school and in Winter it takes you almost half and hour and a couple of slips and crashes.
Yeah, so let's see what this Winter has in store.








No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm glad about every comment that you leave me, so go ahead! And thank you xo